Coming in Spring 2021
The Mechanical Assembly Program offers 250 hours (10 weeks) of instruction. Students will attain the baseline skills needed for entry-level employment in Mechanical Assembly jobs, which involves assembling finished products according to blueprint specifications. Topics include: shop math, blueprint reading, hand tools and power tools, metrology, and basic shop safety. Students work on projects in teams. Proper safety procedures are emphasized with the use of all equipment. Training is held year-round at JARC’s location at 976 N. Kilbourn Ave., Chicago, IL 60651. The full-time program meets Monday-Friday from 2:00pm to 7:30pm. Training is also held year-round at JARC’s location at 640 E. 79th Street, Chicago, IL 60619. The full-time program meets Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 2:30pm.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
· Perform measurements and related math
· Use hand tools, fasteners, torque tools and power tools
· Understand blueprints
· Understand basic shop safety
· Understand basic English language; read work orders
· Understand and apply basic lean manufacturing concepts
· Conduct quality inspections on assembled products
PREREQUISITE COURSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO PROGRAM / COURSE:
· 18 years of age or older
· 8th grade (TABE) math and reading
· Authorization to work in the U.S.
PROGRAM / COURSE OBJECTIVES: To obtain an entry-level knowledge of Mechanical Assembly
For all program information including an accounting of all tuition and fees, click here.